The Somerville Public Schools strives to promote social, emotional, mental, physical, intellectual and environmental well-being through a collaborative approach across departments.
The District Wellness Coordinator, Caitlin Kelly, supports well-being throughout the district by coordinating policy, practice, programming and promotion in collaboration with school and city departments, the District Wellness Committee, Wellness Champions at each school as well as community partners.
Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model
WSCC is a collaborative approach to learning and health. The focus is directed at the whole school, with the school in turn drawing its resources and influences from the whole community and serving to address the needs of the whole child.
Family Engagement: SLFC & Enrollment Office (formerly the Parent Information Center)
Wellness Policy & Procedures
- Download SPS Wellness Policy & Procedures
- Healthy Snack List
- Healthy Food for Celebrations
- Healthy Celebrations Ideas & Rewards
- Non-Food Celebration Ideas
- Healthy Fundraiser Ideas & Action for Healthy Kids Fundraising Ideas
- Guide for Smart Snacks in Schools
- My Plate/Umass Extension
- Child Care Weather Watch
- Movement & Mindfulness Page
- Backpack Program
- Screen Free Week
- Sustainability: poster & video
- Youth Risk Behavior Studay (YRBS): Student Health Surveys
Download more 95210 Materials for tips on healthy living.
Somerville HUB: Search for programs, activities and services by age as well as view a calendar of events
Shape Up Somerville: Find information about fresh local food access and ways to get going
Download the Healthy Living in Somerville Map to find parks, pools, libraries, farmers markets, schools and more local places to get active with your family.