Updating Online Registration Information for Students PreK-8
Somerville Public Schools is transitioning our registration process from paper to an online system, run by PowerSchool.
Starting this year, we ask that all parents or guardians of students in grades PreKindergarten-8th Grade fill out "Returning Student Registration" online. Our goal is to replace the paper packet of forms sent home to you on the first week of school over the next few years. (For instance: Lunch Forms, Emergency Contact Forms, Photo Release Form, Student Directory.) We hope this reduces paperwork for parents and guardians and ensures, for the safety of all students, that we have the most up-to-date contact information about your student.
- Click on one of the links above.
- Enter your student's snapcode. You should have received via email and letter. If you have any questions, please call the Parent Information Center. 617-629-5670.
- Create an account, if you don't have one already.
- Fill in the needed information
- Your email address or a cell phone number
- Health Insurance Card
- Your student's Doctor Information - Name and Telephone number
- Your student's Dentist information - Name and Telephone number
- Information about medications, medical conditions / concerns.
- Two emergency contacts other than the student's parent/guardian - Full Name and Telephone Number
Do you have more than one student in the district?
Please provide the needed information for each student. You will receive a separate letter for each child attending Somerville Public Schools. We recomend that you complete and submit one student's information before starting another child's form.
Do you have questions about how to fill out the form?
Please contact the Parent Information Center at 617-629-5670.
Which questions are required?
Please answer all the questions marked with a red asterisk (*).
Are you having technical difficulties?
Please visit the PowerSchool Community help center.
Is there a deadline for registration?
We will keep this online registration process open until Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 at midnight. For the parents / guardians who have not filled out the forms online, this year we will send home paper copies of the forms in backpacks.
What if I already received a paper copy of the Emergency Contact forms?
Some schools are supplementing the online registration with a paper form. This is a transitional period and we hope to go completely online within the next few years.
What if I just registered my student last winter or spring?
SPS asks that you fill out these forms online so we have your most up-to-date information.