Ages and Stages
Do you have questions about how your child is learning or developing skills?
The SFLC has a FREE program to answer these kinds of questions. This program is open to all Somerville Families
- Free Developmental Screening checklists for familes to fill out about children between 1 month and 5 years old using the "Ages and Stages" system.
- Resources and strategies to offer families ideas on how to be their child's first teacher.
- Referral to supportive services for children who might need extra help.
Contact us for more information or a copy of the correct checklist for your child.
- Call (617) 625-6600 x6966
- Visit the SFLC at the Cummings School, 42 Prescott Street, Somerville MA 02143
Parent Child Home Program
The Somerville Parent Child Home Program (PCHP) focuses on under-resourced families who may be challenged by poverty, language barriers and other obstacles to success in school. Participation is based on an assessment of a family's access to educational opportunities and referrals from community agencies. The PCHP is a school readiness and family support program for parents and their children. Multilingual Early Literacy Home Visitors work with families with children between 18 months and 4 years old. The program focuses on developing language, literacy and school readiness skills in order to prepare children to enter school "ready to learn." Using carefully chosen books and toys, trained Home Visitors model verbal interaction through reading and play for the parent and child together. Visits are conducted twice a week for 30 minutes over a two-year period. For more information call 617-625-6600 x6992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
National PCHP program website: www.parent-child.org