2019 SUMMER Family & Lap Swim
18+ Lap Swim
- Adult 18+ lap swim: $5 for Somerville residents, $6 for non-Somerville residents
- Senior citizen (60+): $3 for Somerville residents, $4 for non-Somerville residents
Children's Lap Swim (17 years old and younger)
- $3 for Somerville residents, $4 for non-Somerville residents
- Children (0-17 years old): $1 for Somerville residents, $2 for non-Somerville residents
- Adult (18+): $3 for Somerville residents, $4 for non-Somerville residents
- Senior citizen (60+): $1 for Somerville residents, $2 for non-Somerville residents
- Family Pass: $75 Somerville resident, $95 Non-Somerville resident
- Individual Pass during Lap Swim ()18+): $60 Somerville resident, $80 Non-Somerville resident
- Senior Pass (60+): $50 Somerville resident, $75.00 Non-Somerville resident
July 8, 2019 - August 8, 2019
18+ Lap Swim
- Monday + Wednesday + Friday 6:00am-7:30am
- Monday – Friday 12:15-5pm
- Monday – Thursday 6:15-7:40pm
Children's Lap Swim (17 years and younger)
- Monday - Friday 12:15-3:30pm
- Monday – Friday 12:15-3:30pm
- Monday – Thursday 6:15-7:30pm *No evening family swim on Monday, July 8, 2019.
Monday-Thursday 12-5pm and 6-7:30pm
*The pool is closed on the weekends in the summer, per usual.
General rules and procedures
Tues, Wed, Thurs, family swim is in the shallow end of the big pool only 6:15-7pm. No small pool.
· Children 6 years and younger MUST have an adult (21+) supervising in the water (within arms distance).
· You must be 7 years or older to swim without a parent/guardian in the water. However, even 7+ year olds must have a parent on deck actively supervising their child.
· Children not potty trained must wear a disposable swim diaper with a bathing suit over it.
· A parent cannot leave their child on deck or in either pool while swimming laps or in family swim. Parents must stay in the balcony while a child is in lessons, you cannot leave the premises.
· The big pool test is given at the top of the hour. (1 length crawl stroke, 1/2 length backstroke, 2 min. treading).
· Family swim: The big pool is not guaranteed to be open for family swim.
· Seniors and Somerville residents must bring in proof of age/residency.
· The Kennedy Pool will be CLOSED August 11 through early September 8, 2019 and will reopen for the school year in September 9, 2019..
· Visit the main page for a complete list of pool policies and procedures as well as any up-to-date changes. For any other questions feel free to call the pool at
617-629-5445. Or visit us at: 5 Cherry St, Somerville, MA 02145.