WEEKDAY Swim Classes: children 4-16 years old
In order to register you must come down in person to the Kennedy Pool office. We only take checks for payment. Register in person at our office in the basement of the Kennedy School, 5 Cherry Street. Thank you. Please view the Class Policies before registering. Please view our information about choosing the right class level for your child.
Weekday classes meet twice a week for seven classes. When registering you can choose between Mondays AND Wednesdays or Tuesdays AND Thursdays with both offering Levels 1-4 children's swimming lessons at 5:15pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays offers an additional level 1 low and 1 high from 4:30-5pm.
Monday and Wednesday March lessons run from March 12, 2018 - April 4, 2018.
Tuesday and Thursday March lessons run from March 1-27, 2018.
Monday and Wednesday April lessons run from April 9-May 2, 2018.
Tuesday and Thursday April lessons run from March 29, 2018 - April 19, 2018.
Monday and Wednesday May lessons run from May 7-30, 2018.
Tuesday and Thursday May lessons run from April 24, 2018 - May 15, 2018.
There are not enough Mondays and Wednesdays in June to run a course before our summer programming begins. There will not be a June Monday + Wednesday session.
Tuesday and Thursday June lessons run May 17, 2018 - June 7, 2018.
Level 1-4 students are ages 4-16 years old. Level 1 low students are beginners who are not comfortable putting their heads under the water. If you believe your child's skill level is above a Level 1 low class, please visit the pool during family swim hours so we can conduct a swim test. No appointment is necessary. We require this even when children have taken classes at other facilities.
- All children must be 4 years old or older to register for levels 1-4 (lessons are conducted without a parent in the water. You should have proof of age with you at the time of registration and your child's first class).
- NEW STUDENTS (or returning students with more than 6 months since your last lesson): If you believe your child is higher than a level 1 low, you must come down to the pool PRIOR to your child's lesson to take a swim level test, otherwise simply register for level 1 low. You may not register for above a level 1 low unless you have taken the swim level test. Moving your child upt to a higher level may not be possible once the start of classes occurs, unless new skills are gained as a result of our instructions.
- RETURNING STUDENTS: If you have taken lessons within the last 6 months you must register your child for the last level they took at the Kennedy Pool. If you believe your child may have gained the skills to move up to the next level than you must come in for a swim level test PRIOR to registering to register for a higher level.
- Swim lessons level test are given during family swim hours. Please see the main web page for the current hours.
- We do not take registration over the phone, nor to we hold a space without payment and full registration.
- If the class you would like to register for is full, you may come to the pool OR call to be placed on a waiting list.
- Click here to download our full list of Pool Policies
Somerville residents: September 5, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Non Somerville residents: September 12, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Monday and Wednesday October lessons run from October 2-25, 2017.
Tuesday and Thursday October lessons run from October 3-24, 2017.
Somerville residents: October 3, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Non Somerville residents: October 10, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Monday and Wednesday November lessons run from October 30, 2017 - November 20, 2017
Tuesday and Thursday November lessons run from November 2-28, 2017.
Somerville residents: November 7, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Non Somerville residents: November 14, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Monday and Wednesday December lessons run from November 29, 2017 - December 20, 2017.
Tuesday and Thursday December lessons run from December 5-26 2017
Somerville residents: Devember 5, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Non Somerville residents: December 12, 2017, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Monday and Wednesday January lessons run from January 3-29, 2018.
Tuesday and Thursday January lessons run from January 2-23, 2018
Somerville residents: January 2, 2018, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Non Somerville residents: January 9, 2018, begins Tuesday, 3pm
Monday and Wednesday February lessons run from February 5-28, 2018.
Tuesday and Thursday February lessons run from January 30, 2018 - February 20, 2018.