Friends of SCALE
Friends of SCALE supports the mission and vital work of the Somerville Center for Adult Learning Experiences (SCALE). Friends of SCALE board members will be asked to:
- Advocate - be champions in building the constituencies necessary to support SCALE.
- Invest - become stakeholders in the work of SCALE by investing financially and otherwise.
- Consult - provide valuable counsel to SCALE by using particular skill sets on behalf of the organization.
- Fund - assist in bringing financial resources to SCALE.
The mission statement of the Somerville Center for Adult Learning Experiences (SCALE):
Through academic programming and guidance, SCALE provides adults opportunities to achieve their goals in a supportive, diverse, welcoming learning community.
Donating to Friends of SCALE
There are many ways to make a donation to Friends of SCALE:
- Visit FirstGiving to make a contribution.
- By check. Please make checks payable to Friends of SCALE, 167 Holland Street, Somerville, MA 02144.
- Participate in the Walk-a-Thon held every spring
The annual SCALE Walk-a-Thon raises money for the SCALE scholarship fund, which provides financial support for students wishing to continue their education after SCALE.
Most Recent Walk-a-Thon Information
SCALE's 13th Annual Walk-a-Thon took place in May 2015. We raised more than $2,600. Thank you to everyone who walked and donated to support the SCALE scholarship fund.
Why should I participate in the SCALE Walk-a-Thon?
SCALE and its classes are supported by government educational grants. Funds raised by the walkathon go directly to the students of SCALE in the form of scholarships. These scholarships are used by students to advance their education by taking classes at a local college or vocational school.
How can I donate to the SCALE Walk-a-thon or to the Friends of SCALE program?
We accept checks to our Friends of SCALE program. Please make all checks payable to Friends of SCALE, 167 Holland Street, Somerville, MA 02144. You can also make donations to SCALE online by clicking here; please note when you make the donation that you are pledging for the Walk-a-thon or making a donation to the scholarship fund.