Register for Fall Sports - 2018
Fall Sports Registration is open.
How to register online using FamilyID:
Log onto www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals and follow the steps below. A parent/guardian of the student-athlete must complete these forms. Returning members may log in and follow steps 2 through 3 below. If you need assistance, call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and message will be returned promptly.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (if you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folders). You MUST click the link provided in your email, login and register per steps 2 and 3 below.
- Click the link for season sport and complete the information requested on the form. Make sure you click save and continue.
- Confirm your registration: once complete you will be asked to click "confirm registration" or add another participant. (Your will receive an email confirming your registration from FamilyID).
- You can log back into FamilyID at any time to update your information or check your registrations. .
Somerville High School Athletics Clearance Checklist:
- Register online to www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration was received and that it is under review - if not go back to step 1.
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration is good or does it need some changes? If needs some changes you must make those changes at before the cut-off date or you will not be cleared.
- Show up to your mandatory medical screening and clearance with your:
- Online registration completed
- With a Physical (must be current - no more than 13 months old)
- With a Copy of your insurance card
- Be prepared for ImPact Test (Testing will be 1 hour long)
- Fall Sports Medical Screening/Clearance: All athletes despite previous participation must register, be screened and cleared each season. Please provide us with a copy of your most current physical (no more than 13 months old) and insurance card on the designated date below.
- All sessions will take place at Somerville High School in the modular classrooms rooms 1 and 2.
- 8/17 Football 10AM (Freshmen and new players), 11AM for returners
- 8/17 Cheerleading 12PM (note this is a change)
- 8/21 Boys Soccer 10AM, (10AM Freshmen Only, 11AM all others) Girls Soccer 12PM (12PM Freshmen Only, 1PM all others)
- 8/22 Girls Volleyball 10AM (10AM Freshmen Only, 11AM all others), Cross Country 12PM, Golf 1PM
- All freshmen, athletes who tested in 2015, first year athletes and/or transfer students will have to ImPact test.
Starts Friday, August 17, 2018, Nunziato Field 3PM.
Teams depart for Camp on August 24, 2018
First practice August 27, 2018,2:45pm meet at the High School Atrium
Starts August 23, 2018 Dilboy Stadium (players should report for 7:30AM) Tryouts begin at 8AM.
Team departs for Camp August 24, 2017
Starts August 23, 2018 Players should meet at SHS at 8:30AM. Tryouts being at 10AM
Team departs for Camp August 24.
Boys Cross Country
Starts August 23, 2018, Tufts 6:30PM
Girls Cross Country
Starts August 23, 2018, Tufts 6:30PM
Starts August 23, 2018 East Somerville 11 and 12th graders 9-11:30AM, 10th graders 11AM-1:30PM, Freshmen 12:30-3PM
Club Competitive Cheerleading
Tryouts June 11-13, 2018
June 11 and 12 3:30-5:30PM SHS Atrium.
June 13 6-8PM SHS Atrium.
Head Coach: Ms. Lorin Desrochers
Instructional starts early September 2018
Varsity Coach: Ms. Katherin Faigen
Novice Coach: Mr. Stuart Whitney