Middle School Interscholastic Sports
Welcome to the Somerville Public Schools Middle Schools Interscholastic Sports website. As part of the District’s commitment to overall student wellness, middle school students, grades 6, 7 & 8 throughout the district have the opportunity to participate in several interscholastic sports teams that provide a high level of play and daily commitment. Contact the athletic office if you are interested in volunteering with a team.
How to register online using FamilyID:
Log onto www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals and follow the steps below. A parent/guardian of the student-athlete must complete these forms. Returning members may log in and follow steps 2 through 3 below. If you need assistance, call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and message will be returned promptly.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (if you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folders). You MUST click the link provided in your email, login and register per steps 2 and 3 below.
- Click the link for season sport and complete the information requested on the form. Make sure you click save and continue.
- Confirm your registration: once complete you will be asked to click "confirm registration" or add another participant. (Your will receive an email confirming your registration from FamilyID).
- You can log back into FamilyID at any time to update your information or check your registrations.
Somerville High School Athletics Clearance Checklist:
- Register online to www.familyid.com/somerville-athletics-intramurals
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration was received and that it is under review - if not go back to step 1.
- Did you receive an email from the athletic director or athletic trainer stating that your registration is good or does it need some changes? If needs some changes you must make those changes at before the cut-off date or you will not be cleared.
- Show up to your mandatory medical screening and clearance with your:
- Online registration completed
- With a Physical (must be current - no more than 13 months old)
- With a Copy of your insurance card
- Be prepared for ImPact Test (Testing will be 1 hour long)
Boys and Girls Cross Country (Fall)
Coach: Mr. Everad Samuels
Coach: Mr. Gary Meskall
Coach: Mr. Chris Bartlett
Outdoor Track and Field (Spring)
Coach: Mr. Brian Kennedy
Track and Field Schedule
Boys Basketball (Winter 2019-2020)
Girls Basketball (Winter 2019-2020)
Athletic Director: Nicole Viele
Assistant Athletic Director (liasion to MS and IM sports): Dan Curran