Somerville High School Child Development program is available for Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors interested in pursuing a career in Early Childhood. The students learn and practice theory and methods of teaching. They keep journals, write lesson plans, create a portfolio and design a classroom setting. The student’s are given an internship at one of the many different placements throughout the City of Somerville. Students who complete 3 years in the Child Development program can become eligible through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and receive a certificate as an Early Childhood Teaching Teacher.
Our students are excited and enthusiastic to have this opportunity to help them make the many different career choices available in Child Development.
Suzanne Antoine, Room: 157. Phone : 617.625.6600 x6167. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Education and Care (EEC) certification
- Pediatric First Aid / CPR AED from American Heart Association
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification
- Michael E. Capuano Early Childhood Center
- Winter Hill Community School
- East Somerville Community School
- West Somerville Community School
- Albert F. Argenziano School at Lincoln Park
- Somerville Child Care Center
- Elizabeth Peabody House