School Committee Meetings
Subcommittees of the Somerville School Committee are where much of the business associated with overseeing the Somerville Public Schools happens. Members of the public are welcome to attend Subcommittee meetings and meetings of the Committee for Long Range Planning. A complete schedule of meetings is available on the Calendar of Events. Minutes of meetings are archived online as they are approved by the School Committee.
- Education Programs and Instruction Subcommittee
- Finance and Facilities Subcommittee
- Rules Management Subcommittee
In addition, the Committee for Long Range Planning is a Standing Committee of the Whole. It is chaired by the Chair of the School Committee.
Weekly Calls and Agendas
May 18, 2017
To the Members of the School Committee:
Meetings of the School Committee have been scheduled for the week of Monday, May 22, 2017 as follows:
Mon. May 22, 2017 * Central Office Conference Room – 8 Bonair Street
6:00 p.m. Special Meeting for Executive Session:
- Strategy session in preparation for negotiation with non-union personnel
- Strategy session in preparation for collective bargaining with STA, Unit D, SCALE Employees Union
- Strategy session in preparation for collective bargaining with UAW Scale Program Administrators
- Strategy session in preparation for negotiations with retiring non-union administrators regarding sick leave buy back benefits.
7:00 p.m. School Committee Meeting for Finance & Facilities:
- FY18 Budget Deliberations
Tues. May 23, 2017 * Central Office Conference Room – 8 Bonair Street
6:30 p.m. School Committee Meeting for Educational Programs & Instruction:
- Powderhouse Studios Innovation Plan
Mary Skipper, School Committee Secretary
School Committee meetings are open to the public. In the event you miss a meeting, minutes are available to help you keep track of the activities and actions of your elected officials (please see School Committee Minutes links on the menu to the right). Meeting handouts are available by request by contacting Patti Marques.