What's Trending at SHS
- Incoming Freshmen: Join the Freshman BBQ on Tuesday, August 22 and August 23. Learn more.
- Student Schedules: Schedules will be available via Aspen starting on Friday, August 18th, 2017 (https://studentdata.k12.somerville.ma.us/x2sis/logon.do). Schedules will not be mailed home this summer, however, if you would like a hard copy, please come to SHS and a copy will be provided. Schedules will be printed and handed out in your advisory on the 1st day of school. We will have add/drop time during the week of August 21-25th. Please call to schedule an appointment with your counselor during this week if you plan to come in to make changes. Schedule changes after the start of the school year will be limited. Please refer to the 2017-2018 SHS Program of Studies (pg. 74) for our add/drop protocol. Student Schedule Information
- Do you know any 2016 Graduates of CTE Programs? The CTE Department would like them to take a survey about their post-graduation employment path. They can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-625-6600 x6135.
- Daily Bulletin
- Morning Announcement: https://www.youtube.com/c/SomervilleTVMedia/live
- Lunch Menu
- X-2 Aspen Login: https://studentdata.k12.somerville.ma.us/x2sis/logon.do
- The Piper Our student newspaper.
- Visit the Highlander Cafe: Our student-run restaurant.
- Join an After School Club or Activity
- Destiny Library Catalog: https://somerville.follettdestiny.com
- School Nurses: 2017-2018 SHS Nurses are Terri Emens, Ruja Sharma, Maria Tully (ext. 6168, 6164, and 6169). SHIP Nurse is Janet Martini (ext. 6200). School Nursing
- CHA Somerville Teen Connection
- MBTA Student Pass Program 2016-2017
- On-Site Volunteer Coordinator Anne Herzberg Eden
- Somerville High School Building Project: http://www.somervillema.gov/highschool/
- Contact SHS
Sibby LaGambina, Interim Headmaster at Somerville High School (pictured Right)
Mr. LaGambina currently oversees the running of the high school as Interim Headmaster, as well as supporting and overseeing all academic departments, the Counseling Department and Housemasters. His previous position was as Assistant Principal/Housemaster. He is also the former Head of the Science Department.
Leo DeSimone, Interim Associate Headmaster at Somerville High School (pictured Left)
As Interim Associate Headmaster, Mr. DeSimone is lead on the SHS building project, assists with Athletics, provides primary budget oversight, and assists with day-to-day administration of the building and operations. He also enters his eighth year as Career and Technical Education Director.
The NCLB Report Card for Somerville High School can be found on the DESE website.
Somerville High School, Grades 9-12
81 Highland Avenue; Somerville, MA 02143
(617) 625-6600, ext. 6100