Playgroups and Parent Support
Playgroups & Support Groups will be cancelled with Somerville Public Schools during weather-related emergencies.
There will be no playgroups the week of February 20th due to the Somerville Public Schools closing for February vacation.
These programs are open to all Somerville Residents.
Session 2 Playgroups & Drop-In Groups
- Session 2 runs from February 6, 2017 to May 12, 2017.
- Registration for 2017 Session 2 SFLC Playgroups will be on January 10th and 11th.
- View our New Session 2 Playgroup Schedule (English)
- View our New Session 2 Playgroup Schedule (Spanish)
- View our New Session 2 Playgroup Schedule (Portuguese)
- Registration Form
- This program is open to all Somerville families with children birth to 5 years old. We look forward to registering you and your family for an SFLC Playgroup!
You can register in one of the following ways during the registration period:
- Download registration form to your computer, fill out on your computer, save it and email as an attachment to email@example.com or
- Call 617-625-6600 x6990
Playgroups are a place to meet other parents and caregivers with infants, toddlers and preschool children in a language-rich environment. Each week, participants experience literacy support through play, conversation, singing and sharing books.
- Playgroups are open to all Somerville families with children birth to 5 years.
- Families may register for one playgroup per week plus attend Drop-In Groups.
- Two sessions per year are offered in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Nepalese.
- Playgroups take place in the Cummings School (42 Prescott Street) (Yellow Door)
New Parents Group: Birth to 12 months
Drop-In (for Adults and Infants): Fridays, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. at the Cummings School, 42 Prescott Street. The Somerville New Parents Group is open to ALL parents with babies from birth - 12 months old. It is a drop-in support group where families can make connections with each other, find resources and share ideas and support.
Wondering Together Parent / Toddler Support Group: 12 months to 24 months
Register by calling 617-625-6600 x6990. Fridays, 9:00am to 10:30am at the Cummigs School, 42 Prescott Street.
Wondering Together is open to all Somerville parents and toddlers from 12 - 24 months. This group combines parent discussion with a toddler playgroup. Toddlers play in a supervised learning environment and practice separating from their caregviers. Adult group time is held in the same room. Conversation topices will be generated bth by particpants and facilitators.
Sharing Our Stories
Support Group for Families with Young Children with Special Needs
Raising a child who does not always fit in can be challenging. This free, open-ended group will offer adults the opportunity to share joys, concerns, frustrations, questions and resources about their experiences. Conversation in English, interpretation upon request. For more information, call 617-625-6600 x6990
SomerBaby Welcome Bag
SomerBaby Welcome Bags are offered to under-resourced families who may be challenged by poverty or language barriers. SomerBaby was developed in collaboration with the Kiwanis Club of Somerville. It focuses on welcoming newborns by providing parents of infants with information, resources and connectionsto help establish a support sturcture early ina dhild's life. Each Welcome Baby bag includes a Somerville Community Resource Guide, an informational booklet on child development, a stacking cups toy, the board book Babies/Los Bebes by Susan Caniszres and Pamela Chanko, and a handmade blanket. For more information: 617-625-6600 x6966 or firstname.lastname@example.org.